"Published author, aspiring novelist . . . welcome to my world of madness!"





Jan 16, 2011

All is Lost

The following excerpt is written from my main character's POV. I have to admit, I enjoy writing him. He's proven to be a fascinating and complex individual. This poem ties in with what I've written so far, and I suspect it is something he's been working on in his spare time. Perhaps it will make an appearance in the book. Perhaps not. Either way, I hope you enjoy.

Ladies and gentleman, without any further ado, I give you a preview of Seir's poem:



All is Lost

So the moment comes, when redemption fades away.

It slowly curls like ashes beneath the light of day.

Darkness shreds my soul as I sink into the deep,

And somewhere high above me, the angels gently weep.



I rise, but I am Fallen; blackness taints my wings.

Cursed love, take my light and the agony it brings.

Don’t speak to me of lonely; I live upon its shore.

Bereft of all but anger, I ache for something more.



A loner among many, I crave the absent sun,

Chained beneath the burden of all that I have done.

Love is but a memory, a secret that I keep.

And somewhere high above me, the angels gently weep.



7 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a poetry fan, but that is pretty good. What genre is your book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words have a poignant beauty. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to believe that anything you write turns to gold. This is yet another beautiful poem penned by you. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Nomar. This is so solemn and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all the others. There's an aching beauty to the words, which draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *blushes* Aww, thank you everyone! That means a lot to me!

    DL~ Genre. Hmm. The Fallen angel theme makes it hard for me to place. Does that make it fantasy or supernatural? *laughs* Whatever it is, it has elements of horror, suspense, and a few redeeming qualities as well. Quite an emotional journey.

    ReplyDelete