You can imagine my surprise when my dear friend, Nomar Knight nominated me for "The Stylish Blog Awards." Or maybe you can't. I went something like this: Adriana opens blog. Adriana reads. Eyes grow wide. Wider . . . Adriana spits coffee on monitor and falls victim to a hysterical bout of laughter.
I'm not what one would consider a blogger by any means. My topics are ecclectic. My posts sporadic as I try to juggle full-time family life with writing and my over compulsive urge to CLEAN. There are so many others out there who have beautiful pages filled with golden insights, wit, humor, emotion. They have the dedication to tend to their blogs on a regular basis, and they do such an amazing job.
Me? I dabble. I'm like the thrift-store blogger trying to make an appearance at the Emmy's in worn jeans and a faded tee. Or a cloak like trench coat as seen above. I'm about as far from stylish as I am from grace, and anyone who's ever seen me trip and stumble over "invisible" obstacles will agree!
With that said, I would like to thank Nomar for this opportunity. even with the strings attached, it's been fun. They go a little something like this: Once nominated, you must write seven things about yourself and thank the person who gave it to you. You also must nominate ten bloggers to receive the award.
Okay . . . Here it goes!
1. I'm fascinated by the concept of the fallen angels, and watchers who are said to walk among us. Being born on a Monday, the Arc Gabriel is my patron angel. Which probably explains my love of the moon.
2. I'm addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper and coffee. If I don't have them I get headaches, and then I get mean.
3. Spiders terrify me to the point of giving me panic attacks.
4. I'm an empath and absorb any emotions around me like a sponge. I cry often and easily for people I don't even know.
5. Light hurts my eyes. My mother claims it is from my "vampire blood." She may be right. My parents actually had my incisors FILED at the dentist's when I was a kid. Top and bottom. I had fangs. And yes, I do still bite!
6. I'm convinced muses are more than just the whisperings of our imagination. Too many strange things have happened.
7. When I get really excited, or think something is too cute . . . I start to shake from head to toe. My fingers hook and I will seize the nearest person or thing to me and squeeze with all I have. It can't be helped and it tends to be a bit painful for all involved. It's something I've done since I was a child and probably will never outgrow!
Now for the ten bloggers:
So there you have it! Be sure to check these awesome bloggers out. And again, thanks Nomar for the opportunity.
~Best wishes and happy writing!~